Associate Mechanical Project Manager II
New York, NY 10004 US
Work at the most complex mass transportation system in the world and be a key contributor as associate mechanical project manager.
- Review Construction documents.
- Supervise and provide guidance to Contractor.
- Resolve Construction issues related to field conditions, inter discipline conflicts, long term maintenance issues and life cycle costs.
- Act as a facilitator between the Contractor, Designers, User Departments and Maintenance groups.
- Resolve field conditions in an expeditious manner and provide input / suggested solutions, obtain formal approval from design engineers when necessary.
- Monitor budgets, TA services usage and schedules, identify any potential shortfalls and take necessary action to prevent negative impact on critical path.
- Identify needs for General orders and other services and make sure that they are provided to contractor on timely basis.
- Initiate General Orders, operate under flagging / General Orders and be able to properly close General Orders.
- Inspect work in progress, identify and inform contractor of deficiencies or concerns in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily reports, formal punch-lists, informal / running punch-lists, coordinate and confirm punch-list completion, conduct joint pre-and final inspections with Contractors and trade groups.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in an engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, business administration or public administration and two years' experience or
- Four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years' experience
- Minimum of two years' experience having served in a supervisory capacity or
- One year as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Familiarity with Auto CAD and design standards and guidelines preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Asite project management software preferred.
Normal Work Week:
Monday to Friday (Saturday & Sunday if Required) 7 AM- 5PM (day/Evenings: 9 pm-6 am OT as needed).
Based out of the 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004 office but requires up to 50% field travel
- Commuter Benefits plan
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alexander is the newest member of the HEPCO team after joining the company in July 2021. As a recruiter for two years, Alex likes talking with people from all industries and understanding what it is like to be in their shoes. Alex’s last “normal day” pre-COVID- 19 was spent enjoying time with his daughter out in their community.