Associate Project Manager I
New York, NY 10004
Work at the most complex mass transportation system in the world and be a key contributor as associate project manager.
- Conduct review of project drawings and narratives at Master Plan, Scope of Work, and various Design phases for compliance with Fire, Code and ADA regulations, and provide comments to ensure compliance with New York State Fire and Building codes as well as with Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines ( "ADAAG ").
- Under direction, candidate will review capital projects in all phases of the project life cycle (pre-design through closeout phases) for compliance with State Fire and Building Codes as well as Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Conduct review of project drawings and narratives at Master Plan, Scope of Work and various Design phases for compliance with State Fire and Building codes as well as ADA regulations and provide comments.
- Attend design review meetings to ensure ADA regulations are incorporated into project designs.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in an engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, business administration or public administration AND one year's experience or four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent AND five years' experience
- Code Enforcement or ADA experience
- Experience with accessible and barrier-free design
- Fire Department Operations Experience
- Energy Conservation Experience or Knowledge
- Building Materials Knowledge
- Construction Management or Inspection Experience
- Experience in project management will be commensurate with level of education or a m
inimum of one year's experience having served in a supervisory capacity
- One year as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project
- Must pass track safety training at NYC Transit, MetroNorth Railroad or Long Island Railroad, as needed
- Must provide safety boots that meet requirements at no cost to the MTA
- Must pass the NYS Code Enforcement Official Certification class
Based out of 2 Broadway, New York, NY but requires 40% travel to various field offices throughout the MTA service territory (such as 525 N Broadway White Plains, NY, 420 Lexington Ave. New York, NY, JCC- LIRR Yard, Jamaica, NY) and ability to telework.
- Commuter Benefits plan
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.