Newark, NJ 07101
HEPCO Inc. is looking for a Civil Designer to join one of our prestigious clients in the power and energy industry.
• BS in Civil Engineering or Architecture Degree
• Must have Micro Station Experience.
• Preparing drawings, site plans
• Storm order design experience a plus
• Land Development experience a plus
• 3+ years of experience at a minimum
• NJ experience – licensing, permits – a plus
• Utility, layout, railroad, bridges, roadway experience
• Will be required to go into office at times as well as site and field visits on occasion
• No Per Diem – local candidates ONLY
This position has overall responsibility to support the design & coordination of Delivery Projects and Construction’s infrastructure projects. Candidate will be responsible for performing detailed structural calculations for foundations and structures supporting all associated electrical equipment and other items within a substation. These include, but are not limited to: oil filled transformers, breakers, disconnect switches, A-frames, Dead-end Structures, pre-fabricated buildings, isolation and retaining walls. Perform drainage and land development design and calculations. Coordinate and oversee complex design projects and coordinate with Electrical Layout designers, Licensing and Permitting Group, System Planners, System Protection Engineers, Asset Experts, Vendors, Project Managers, construction and operating personnel, consultants and contractors to develop the design in conformance with the project schedule.
Oversee the development of civil and structural detailed drawings using MicroStation V8i software. Prepare calculations and drawing submittals for obtaining permits for the construction of projects.
Make critical design decisions and provide solutions for replacement of failed equipment on emergency basis.
Develop estimates for civil design work for new and emergency projects.
Conduct field investigations at substations to verify job-site existing conditions.
Act as a primary interface with multiple Consulting-Engineering firms for Inside Plant projects that are outsourced, and assure that Client standards are maintained by these firms. Review complex Civil and L&P Design drawings for conformance to Client standards and applicable federal, state and local ordinances. Provide technical support during permitting and construction of projects; resolve complex technical problems and provide solutions.
• BS Civil engineering
• 3+ years of experience in structural design, site/civil land development (i.e. drainage, grading, structural design)
• Proficiency with MicroStation or equivalent CAD software for developing design drawings
• Familiar with IBC NJ2015, AISC, ASCE & SCI codes and requirements
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• MS Degree
• NJ P.E. License