Cloud IaaS Financial Analyst
Newark, NJ 07101
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively. As part of Client's digital transformation, we are looking to use technology in new and innovative ways to introduce new business capabilities and achieve industry leading business outcomes. As the Cloud Analyst assigned to the IT Cloud Services Team, you will work to build, manage and support our journey to fully leverage the technology benefits of the Cloud platform.
- Daily review of AWS and Azure spend using native tools and CloudHealth
- Identify areas of cost savings
- Develop action plans to implement proactive cost savings measures identified.
- Implement cost savings measures and/or work with Cloud technical team resources to implement.
- Develop / Improve CloudHealth dashboards to visualize running costs and quickly identify spikes/anomalies. Augment with QuickSight dashboards as needed.
- You will have responsibility for AWS and Azure cloud cost management, administration, and analysis for Client, providing financial expertise for cloud services, direction and assistance to IT teams, business analysts, cloud engineers, and Lines of businesses.
- Identify opportunities and recommends solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, document, and make recommendations and communicate financial analysis for cloud services with business unit IT and technology teams, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Analyze the demand for IT/cloud services to generate forecast and capacity planning as well as provide information to the vendor management role to negotiate better pricing (e.g. low utilization, reserved instances, more optimal usage patterns or deployment options).
- Build, maintain, and optimize dashboards to provide IT teams and Business Unit leaders with an analytical view of services data for cost-of-service, demand, negotiated pricing and capacity planning.
- Support knowledge transfer/training for colleagues related to IT/cloud spend management.
- Develop/maintain training material/documentation supporting the key concepts of public cloud application billing, cloud service billing, cross-charging, and cost allocation processes.
- Be responsible for the operation of third-party cloud billing & IT cost management and cloud management platform tools such as CloudHealth, as well as native AWS and Azure tooling
- Must be a permanent resident or US citizen.
- 3+ years of AWS experience in Enterprise environments
- Proven track record of identifying and implementing cost saving measures in mature environments ($4M / year AWS spend or more)
- Experience using CloudHealth
- MBA or equivalent Financial background and experience
- Experience in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models, cost metrics, SLAs, and ROI analysis for Cloud
- Experience with AWS QuickSight
- Experience with Azure billing
- Experience analyzing and purchasing RIs and Savings Plans
- Experience in analyzing or involvement in EDP and AWS and/or Azure discount programs
- Experience with other cloud cost management or governance tools
- Experience with Lambda using Python
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Experience in Agile Environment
Experience in AWS Cloud environment
Type (Full Time/Part Time):
This position can be remote.Candidate can work onsite at 80 park plaza Newark NJ 07101 when the site re-opens after September 2021. While site is closed, candidate will work remote. Candidate to pay for all travel costs to their work site in Newark NJ, includes public transportation and parking at work site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.