Communications Systems Project Manager
New York, NY
HEPCO is looking for a communications systems project manager to work at one of our elite clients in NYC.
Description of Work:
- Assist Project CEO's (Construction Manager) Office with high level supervisory and technical support services with the radio projects and various communications construction capital projects.
- Manage and direct field engineers and field activities as necessary.
- Work with Project CEO's (Construction Manager) in managing the progress of capital projects by meeting project goals, attending project coordination meetings with stakeholders, and following up on action items.
- Manage the coordination of field visits, surveys and inspections.
- Coordinate daily project management activities according to MTA C&D Project Management Procedure/Guidelines.
- Distribute daily work assignments.
- Review and approve Daily Inspection Reports.
- Ensure and enforce adherence to quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensure and enforce adherence to safety protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Construction Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, Public Administration, Engineering and Architecture.
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of telecommunications-related experience in the field of communications systems and networking including Radio, CCTV, Antenna, Fiber Optics with a minimum of 2 (two) years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of radio communications engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of project management processes with practical experience of construction administration and field operations.
- Knowledge of project management software preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language with ability to clearly write and verbally communicate.
- Knowledge of engineering guidelines, specifications and standards of performance.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong analytic problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set priorities and ensure timely completion/closeout of assignments.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office.
- The individual must have own safety shoes.
- The individual must have or willing to obtain OSHA 30-hour certification at his/her own expense.
Normal Work Schedule and Location(s):
Monday-Friday (weekends and nights when necessary) 8 am-5pm
Field Office or 2 Broadway and work within the 5 Boroughs
Field location 30%, Office location 70%.