Community Outreach Coordinator
Melville, Long Island, NY 11747 US
Work at one of the top utility companies in the nation and be a key contributor as a community outreach coordinator.
- Provide administrative support for community related events: entering volunteers in database, coordinate supplies needed for event (brochures, table cloths, banners,etc.), maintaining inventory, ordering new supplies, and solicit more volunteers if needed.
- Requires administrative and event support for community outreach related initiatives.
- Successful candidate will possess proven project management skills coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills and effectively interact with both internal and external customers.
- Support activities and resources needed to execute outreach activities including securing appropriate event staffing and supplies and event follow-up as needed.
- Data base maintenance and management.
- A Bachelor's Degree in business or marketing. In lieu of a degree, five years of marketing or customer service experience will be considered.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong time-management skills and a proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communications (both written and verbal), interpersonal and customer resolution skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs to allocate inventory as needed.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.