Computer Support Specialist
New York, NY 10004 US
HEPCO is currently seeking an experienced and customer-focused individual to join our clients team as a Computer Support Specialist. As a Computer Support Specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. If you have a strong background in IT customer support, computer installation and repair, and troubleshooting various peripherals and software, we encourage you to apply.
- Perform installation, administration, testing, and maintenance of hardware and software systems.
- Deploy and configure hardware and software components as needed.
- Collaborate with users, vendors, consultants, and IT staff in meetings to discuss IT solution options and recommend suitable system platforms.
- Assist in the preparation of procedural manuals, online help instructions for users, and technical documentation for IT staff.
- Provide training to users on hardware and software technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT-related issues reported by users.
- Diagnose and repair computer systems, network and standalone printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices.
- Provide desktop support for the Microsoft Office Suite and troubleshoot related issues.
- Familiarity with virtual meeting tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
- Provide desktop support for Windows 10 operating system.
- Assist with VPN and remote technical support for remote users.
- Troubleshoot and provide desktop support for Adobe Pro.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Three to five years of experience in IT customer support and training.
- Proficiency in computer installation, diagnosis, and repair.
- Knowledge of network and standalone printer installation, diagnosis, and repair.
- Basic troubleshooting skills for scanners and other peripheral devices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Office Suite and desktop support.
- Familiarity with virtual meeting tools including MS Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
- Experience in providing desktop support for Windows 10 operating system.
- Knowledge of VPN and remote technical support.
- Troubleshooting and desktop support experience with Adobe Pro.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
1 State Street, New York, NY 10004
Duration: approximately 2 years
Apply by deadline: 6/1/2023
Shift Days/Times: M-F 8:00am-4:00 or 10:00am-6:00 (37.5 hours/week)
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alexander is the newest member of the HEPCO team after joining the company in July 2021. As a recruiter for two years, Alex likes talking with people from all industries and understanding what it is like to be in their shoes. Alex’s last “normal day” pre-COVID- 19 was spent enjoying time with his daughter out in their community.