Computer Systems Analysis
Wayne, NJ 07474
HEPCO, Inc., is looking for a Computer Systems Analysis to join the team, as a contractor, of one of our most important defense clients in Wayne, NJ.
- Enable effective decision making by analyzing data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Administration of the ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) and Data access request process for the ES sector.
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams.
- Design and develop reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Assisting with gathering client requirements for pending Business Intelligence (BI) projects.
- Analyzing application problems, taking proper corrective action to minimize current and future impact on the user community while ensuring solutions are consistent with operational standards.
- Providing support for the Midas Data Analytics program and being the catalyst for resolving system and client issues.
- Consulting with senior and/or lead analysts for assistance with problem resolution requiring a higher level of technical expertise.
- Coordination of ES Sector Bi testing teams to insure deployment by our Shared Service IT organization of high-quality products to our customers.
- Establishes and manages tool specific software libraries as required.
- Performs and documents all required builds to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines.
- Executes release and change control functions using the designated software configuration management system/tool to ensure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
- Generates and maintains all necessary program software development, release, and change records, including as built and status accounting records.
- Performs software configuration management Configuration Control Board activities which include, but are not limited to, establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and publishing and maintaining action items lists.
- Develops proficiency in the use of the assigned software configuration management system/tool, and comprehensive knowledge of company software configuration management processes and standards. Stays abreast of industry standards and current technology.
- Performs all necessary functions to support both internal and customer design reviews.
- May perform computer resource management tasks per the company s standard processes and reference documents.
- Has the ability to locate and identify various computing assets and discern between capital assets, expense assets, and government furnished assets, and understands the purpose of each asset.
- May be called upon to provide moderately complex evaluation and selection of various computer products for engineering work of others in the company.
- Assignment may include moderately complex PC systems administration tasks to assist others performing Engineering work.
- May perform moderately complex PC-based database design, development, testing, maintenance, migration, deployment, and administration tasks for applications internal to the Engineering Department.
- May perform moderately complex engineering development tool administration tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of team, and be an effective communicator
- Knowledge/experience with computer programming a plus
- Knowledge/experience in SQL
- Knowledge/experience in a data visualization software such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Knowledge/experience in gathering requirements and be able to interpret technical details
Typical Related Experience:
- Two or more years related experience.
- Experience with basic computer applications, databases, operating systems, and hardware.
- Experience with the use of process-specific tools depending upon individual assignment, e.g., CM tool such as ClearCase and/or tracking tool such as ClearQuest.
- Experience with the performance of moderately complex systems administration tasks for these tools or for PCs.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in Section II above.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop, and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.)
Bachelor's degree in computer systems analysis, computer science, computer information systems (CIS), management information systems (MIS), business intelligence or a similar field of study.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.