Fredricksburg, VA 22408
HEPCO Inc. is looking for a Data Analyst to join one of its prestigious power and utility clients.
- Must be comfortable working with spreadsheets and relational databases.
- Knowledge of research techniques, scientific sampling, use of PCs and business software required.
- A basic understanding of marketing research and application required.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of generally accepted business practices.
- Must possess basic computer skills, to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI as required by job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python) and / or one statistical software package (e.g. R) is a plus.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment and operate independently.
- Must be able to organize and analyze large amounts of data and draw relevant insights from the analysis.
- Must be able to gain working knowledge of business operations, decision and intelligence systems concepts, and database structures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with members, employees and business contacts.
- Must be able to communicate complex ideas to non-technical people.
- Must possess critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve complex problems based on analysis of data.
- Must maintain strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work in teams
Experience and Education:
Four-year college degree or equivalent is required, preferably in research/data science-based disciplines (statistics, mathematics, data science, economics, information systems/technology, engineering or business). Master's Degree preferred. Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major.
Additional training or certifications in data analytics, marketing research techniques, technical writing and/or fundamentals of electric distribution operations is desired.
Candidates preferably will have 3-5 years of related experience.
The position is required to be onsite in Fredericksburg, VA 22408 and periodic travel throughout the territory. No remote work.