Database Admin Sr Prin (No C2C)
Reston, VA 20190 US
- The ideal candidate should have 8+ years of experience with managing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Cloud experience with AWS managing Amazon RDS and data warehousing using AWS Redshift is a plus.
- Should be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills, work seamlessly in a team environment, as well as provide leadership and technical training to less proficient employees.
- Extensive experience with SQL 2014-2022 Architecture.
- Install, configure and maintain MS SQL Server clustered environment including AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Active-Active failover clustering implementations for High availability and DR.
- Complete understanding of DR technologies utilizing log shipping and Availability Groups.
- Experience with designing a disaster recovery solution between AG groups.
- SQL Server administration activities database health check, DMV queries, index optimization, performance tuning, query optimization, maintenance plans, link servers, etc.
- A thorough understanding of DMV views and how to utilize them to improve performance and monitoring.
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft backup methodologies, their implementation via GUI as well as scripts.
- Experience with setup and scheduling of backups, creating and scheduling jobs, alerts and operators using SQL Server Agent as well as successful database restores.
- Autonomous DBA with Can-do attitude, pro-active, takes the initiative as well as ownership of problem/project
- 10 or more years of related experience, and recent experience
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associates/High School Diploma with commensurate experience
- Health Insurance
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.