Design Specialist Sr
Sterling Heights, MI 48312 US
- Collaborate with engineering, vendors, manufacturing, quality, and customers on design specifications.
- Ensure designs are free of layout process defects and comply with engineering and military standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Develop highly innovative concepts that satisfy functional and operational requirements for existing product lines and new product development programs.
- Prepare the most complex design layouts, schematics or sketches of functional systems to satisfy system and integration requirements within cost and producibility constraints.
- Prepare drawing packages to military or equivalent ASME standards.
- Evaluate completed drawings, specifications, and procedures for producibility and viability of design, appropriateness of tolerances, fits, finishes, materials, and validates integration of equipment.
- Proficiency in tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency in use of applicable CAD equipment and drafting techniques including 3D modeling and manipulation of files.
- Comprehensive knowledge of military drawings and specifications, and applicable MILSPEC/STD's.
- Comprehensive product line knowledge at the component, subsystem, and system levels.
- Comprehensive knowledge of production methods and understanding of human factors.
- Knowledge of MBD (Model Based Definition) is a huge plus.
- Minimum 9 years of design/drafting experience using Pro-E/Creo CAD system.
- Associate Degree with emphasis in engineering drafting/design or an equivalent combination of training and experience; plus a minimum of nine additional years drafting and design experience, including five years of advanced design concepts and applications.
- Current Creo 7 experience required.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.