EE Design Spec Sr
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Performs design and drafting of both electrical and mechanical aspects of electrical/electronic equipment.
- Designs wiring harnesses; performs layout drawing and checking of schematic diagrams as supplied in rough form by electrical engineering; makes wiring diagrams from schematic diagrams (vice-versa).
- Performs overall line replaceable unit (LRU) chassis and housing design/drafting, including overall system packaging.
- Selects LRU/wiring harness components such as electrical connectors, electrical accessories, wire, shielding, shield terminators, terminal lugs, etc.
- Produces schematic diagrams and/or CAD drawings for submission to customers, plant, operations or outside vendors to produce the specified LRU/wiring harnesses and cable assemblies.
- Output must be able to be entered directly into data management configuration control.
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles.
- Completes designs from beginning to end: including concept development, review, detailed design, documentation, verification and validation of simple sub-systems.
- Utilizes advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages and integration/verification procedures.
- Expert knowledge of CAD drafting/modeling and design techniques.
- Experience designing wiring harnesses/cable assemblies, routing of wiring harnesses/cable assemblies and developing wiring harness/cable assembly drawings.
- Understanding of drawing generation utilizing Creo Pro-Cable (minimum 2 years experience)
- Understanding of MIL-STD-100, ANSI Y14.5/14.41, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD and T).
- Working knowledge of military electrical connector and electrical cabling specifications.
- Capable of creating wiring harness schematics with Visio Technical.
- 5 years of Creo Design.
- Associate Degree in a relevant technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; plus a minimum of 9 years experience; or
- Bachelors degree or equivalent plus an additional 5 years experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.