Electrical/Controls Engineer (On-site)
Houston, TX 77023 US
Join a growing company in the marine industry as an Electrical/Controls Engineer.
Well established family-owned company is looking for another member to add to our rapidly growing team. An extraordinary opportunity to work in many disciplines of engineering as well as exposure to other fields of expertise. They currently have 4 locations, looking to expand to double this size in the next five years. Therefore, there is plenty of opportunity for growth.
The company provide engineering, production, field service support for steering, alarm, propulsion, automation, wireless control, hydraulic power units for the marine industry in house as well as hydraulic service, repair and design with a full machine shop.
You will be responsible for the design, programming, manufacturing, testing and support for alarm, automation and steering systems for the marine industry as well as supporting field operations in commissioning and service. R&D is a significant part of the position designing systems using tomorrow's technology and expanding into fields outside the marine industry was diversification.
Currently technologies used:
- Siemens PLC equipment and Step 7 -Red Lion HMI's and Crimson Programming.
- AutoCAD and Inventor -Microsoft Dynamics GP for front office use.
You will be responsible for the controls engineering department, programming, design, training, management, service support, budgeting, etc. You will also assist in the growth of the company through innovation, research and development and new market opportunities. You will work in coordination with all other departments to help ensure a streamlined process and proper policies and procedures are in place. RCH offers an opportunity to learn electrical, mechanical, and systems engineering, finance, inventory control, production, operations management as other business functions as we evolve. You will report directly to the President and your input will be extremely valuable and very necessary for the growth of the company.
They are looking for an immediate opening for an experienced engineer in Houston to help us get to the next level. They are looking for someone who wants to be a big part of and provide an enormous amount of input on the direction and future of the engineering group and controls division.
Required Experience of 5+ years:
- Electrical is required mechanical and hydraulic knowledge is a plus.
- Must have experience with PLC/HMI Programming, AutoCAD, Controls System Design.
- Preferably have experience with Class I Div. II designs for TLI Gauging Systems, Industrial DCS Design.
- Top Level Programming PLC's and HMI's.
- Electrical/Mechanical Assembly, Service and Support.
- Experience in production and testing of electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and must have the aptitude to learn new things quickly.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work without supervision and have the drive to provide solutions to a multitude of design hurdles.
- Ability to adapt and overcome.
- Able to lift objects up to 50lbs.
- Design and oversea production of new TLI Gauging System for Barges to monitor ballast, fuel, etc through level, radar, dipsticks, etc. Competition for this is Bergan LLC and ERL.
- Expand market of product to the industrial and green energy markets by developing new product/system lines, sales support and team collaboration.
- Opportunities exist for roles as engineering manager, operations manager and other high-level positions as the company grows.
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 8 days paid holidays
- 401K up to 4% with 2% matching
- 2 weeks of vacation annually
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.