Embedded Software Engineer
Linthicum, MD 21090-2202
- Work on software systems for mission systems in all phases of the software development lifecycle, primarily in C/C.
- Interface with systems engineering to develop flow down software requirements and technical specifications.
- Develop and execute unit tests and build verification test plans, and track and report test status.
- Conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents.
- Active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews, and other reviews, as required.
- Participate in the technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end to end system point of view.
- Existing engineering and system specialists will be made available to assist with any activities associated with executing primary tasking.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience working in C/C++
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
- Active security clearance at the Secret Level (or higher); ability to obtain program SAP
- Experience in algorithmic application development and optimization
- Experience in real-time embedded software development knowledge of Radar, Electronic Warfare, or Space technologies
- Experience with VxWorks and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with Coverity and/or KlocWork tools
- Experience in Open Architecture Solutions
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set, kubernetes, Model Based Engineering, and DevSecOps best practices
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.