S. Plainfield, NJ 07080
This position is in the Projects and Construction Organization which will act as a contributor to the successful execution of Gas projects including Gas Transmission Relocations, M&R Construction, Pipeline Integrity Inspections, and 3rd Party Relocation Projects.
Provide engineering, oversight and coordination for the construction/relocation of Gas facilities, specifically for Gas Transmission and M&R Construction projects. These projects shall be handled from inception to successful completion in terms of safety, reliability, functional performance requirements, timely completion and within scope and budget. Successful candidate will be responsible for assisting on multiple projects throughout the State depending on workload.
- Ensuring that all project objectives are successfully achieved (i.e., safely, within scope, on schedule and within budget), implementation of the P&C Project Management Program, support project teams commensurate with project needs, interact with the local Gas Asset Integration, M&R personnel and Gas District/Division management personnel throughout the State.
- Maintain and monitor project agreements, plans and schedules, conduct project reviews, resolve issues and get required associates and groups involved to ensure that the project plans are professionally and comprehensively planned and executed.
- Coordinate the preparation of bid specifications, procurement of material and services, construction, contractor and vendor performance, labor relations, safety, quality control, permitting and licensing, gas outage planning, scope change control, environmental compliance, public relations, progress reporting, budgets, change orders, execution and closeout reporting.
- Represent the Company with State and Federal Agencies, the General Public and Public Officials and Planning/Zoning Boards and other Regulatory Bodies to gain necessary project approvals.
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of Standards for Business Controls and Standards of Integrity and meet management’s expectations for effective internal business controls.
- Focus on measurement of results and familiarity of the use of a balanced scorecard methodology.
- Promote close and effective integration of efforts between unique groups on a project.
- B.S. in civil, electrical, or mechanical engineering, construction or engineering management or equivalent field construction experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Possess leadership skills, professionalism and customer/client focus
- Must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and results-oriented.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects/encourages all aspects of diversity
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others’ strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- Advanced degree or technical training
- Gas utility experience, both distribution and transmission
- Familiarity with Metering and Regulating (M&R) equipment and operations
- Able to read/understand gas as-builts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.