Engineer Principal Mechanical
Radford, VA 24141 US
- Work with a multi-discipline engineering team to perform plant and project engineering.
- Perform mechanical engineering analysis for one or more of the following: steam systems, hydraulic systems, pumping / piping systems, HVAC systems, machinery design and layout, process cooling and heating systems, storage tank design and construction, vessel design and construction, inspection and repair.
- Conduct inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, equipment, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety.
- Support development of plans and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase.
- Create detailed project proposals, scopes of work and estimates.
- Review and approve design packages from equipment suppliers and design firms providing constructability input.
- Execute commissioning plan and maintain documentation as needed Consider safety in all aspects of work and design.
- Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical engineering and design.
- Proficient knowledge of CADD tools (AutoCAD, Pipe Stress Analysis, Vessel Design) for efficient production of engineering work.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API codes and Standards.
- Typically 6+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering and Design
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.