Engineering Manager (On-site)
Cranbury, NJ 08512 US
- Main responsibilities include leading a diverse team of engineers and designers in the execution of substation and power distribution projects.
- Ability to lead, teach, and perform quality checks on engineering design deliverables.
- Supervise and Coordinate Engineers and Designers in day-to-day tasks to support substation layout designs including plans, sections and details, grounding, lightning protection, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC/DC power systems, and associated bills of material as required.
- Supervise protection and control designs: including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring and relay panel wiring as required.
- Provide client and vendor interface to support the needs of the project.
- Prepare and support engineering proposals and cost estimates.
- Provide short term field support during construction if required.
- Provide support in recruitment and hiring.
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering and Design for Substations and/or Power Plants.
- Bachelor of Science/Master's degree in electrical engineering (Power Distribution/Power Systems) from an accredited institution.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, and NCEES Record.
- Complete technical understanding of electrical schematics, single lines, calculations, and specifications for the design of electrical distribution systems for Power Plants and Substations.
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards.
- Strong management skills and a desire to grow professionally.
- Capability of solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard.
- Competitive Annual Compensation ranging from $100,000 to $130,000 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
- Comprehensive Health Insurance.
- Matching 401k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.