Environmental Engineer (On-site)
New York, NY 10004 US
- Environmental planning under federal and local laws, rules and regulations (i.e., environmental reviews under NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR, Phase I, II Environmental Site Assessments, environmental permitting, etc.).
- Environmental compliance under federal and local (NYS & NYC) laws, rules and regulations related to soil & water sampling, remediation, storm water management, hazardous and regulated waste management, noise and vibration mitigation, air quality, silica dust, spills, mold, etc.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering or environmental engineering and two years of full-time satisfactory experience in project management work, such as planning, administering, managing, coordinating for engineering and other projects; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of experience
- Minimum of two years' experience having served one year in a supervisory capacity or one year as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project.
- Prior experience w/ environmental reviews/assessments under National Environmental Policy Act and State Environmental Quality Review Act preferred.
- Relevant experience in environmental planning and compliance preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
Monday- Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Based out of the 2 Broadway, NY, NY 10004 office but requires up to 30% field travel.
- Commuter Benefits plan
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.