Executive Director Business Development
Colorado Springs, CO 80916
Company:All Native Group
Location:Colorado Springs, CO
Executive Director, Business Development
The Executive Director of Business Development works at the executive level of All Native Group to strategically improve ANG's market position and achieve financial growth. This position works with peer Directors to define long-term organizational strategic goals, maintain key customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, using their extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Aligns with the company culture keeping with HCI and Winnebago peoples' traditions and values.
Exercising full authority over the Business Development Department, this position manages all aspects of business development activities, from identification and strategic pursuit of customers, opportunity identification and qualification, capture planning, allocation of business development resources, proposal development, and negotiations. This position maintains the highest level of integrity and ethics compliance, while supporting the culture and values of Ho-Chunk, Inc. through policies and processes.
This position also maximizes opportunity and growth by using existing contract vehicles, as well as developing new customer relationships and new contract vehicles. Specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes strategies for lead generation, capture process, pricing and all other matters related to acquiring new business. Identifies and analyzes industry spending trends and develops strategies and implementation plans to pursue capture of new business;
- Leads and directs efforts on key opportunities and manages the capture process;
- Provides market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generation of ideas for future growth;
- Maximizes business development opportunities and identifies new customer opportunities and leads efforts to acquire new contract vehicles; works through operations when using current contract vehicles
- Directs business development initiatives that are consistent with the company's overall strategy and in alignment with core capabilities. Accountable to ensure that all responses to customer requirements accurately represent the capabilities, mission, and philosophy of the company;
- Leads the Business Development team according to company policy and procedures including professional development of staff while ensuring necessary resources are available for successful performance of duties;
- Leads internal teams from multiple departments to create successful responses to customer requirements using excellent organization, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones while managing multiple efforts simultaneously;
- Exhibits the highest level of integrity and ethics compliance while supporting the culture and values of the organization through policies and processes. Holds staff accountable for integrity and ethics in all business matters.
- Ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business
- Fosters teamwork and builds collaborative relationships
- Empowers others
- Ability to develop others
- Manages performance
- Influencing others
- Information gathering
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Stress management
- Minimum 10-15 years+ experience working with or for the Federal Government, including a good understanding of federal acquisition regulations
- Minimum 10-15 years+ successful business development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required
- Bachelors' in Business Administration or related field degree required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
- Thorough understanding of Federal acquisition processes as both a prime contractor and subcontractor; understands the special benefits of the 8(a) Tribal entity in the Federal Contracting environment.
- Thorough understanding of the Ho-Chunk Inc. corporate mission and philosophy and the various business entities under the Ho-Chunk Inc. family;
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working with Native American companies and/or projects