Fuzing & Detonation Systems Engineer
Huntsville, AL 35806
HEPCO, Inc., is looking for a Fuzing & Detonation Systems Engineer to join the team, as a contractor, of one of our most important defense clients in Huntsville, AL.
Our client has an immediate opening for an experienced Systems Engineer specializing in Fuzing & Detonation of precision guided munitions. In this position, overall leadership of the fuzing and detonation activities will be expected, including the interfacing with Detonation Chain Supplier Subcontracts, Subcontracts, Engineering, and suppliers for the S&A Module / Booster and HoB Sensor to get the suppliers under contract. Also, to provide ongoing support to supplier activities as needed to meet delivery schedules and PDR/CDR requirements. The successful candidate will support business and engineering leadership to help grow the PGSS product line by applying broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in smart weapons with an emphasis on leading and growing a team. The ideal candidate will work with other subject matter experts assisting with the next generation of precision guidance solutions for our diverse customer base. This role requires the candidate to be an outgoing, well-connected self-starter with a desire to grow the organization. Our engineers are members of cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams focused on developing cost-effective systems that meet the needs of our customers. Candidates should be comfortable working with teams of all sizes and enjoy a mix of creative design work, mentoring the next generation of protgs, developing White Papers, presenting internally and externally, and leading test events.
- Experience in fuzing and detonation development for missile applications
- Experience with subcontractor interface, Smart Munition design assessment, and integration activities
- Ability to perform technical review of overall detonation chain including HoB Sensor, S&A module, booster, and associated control logic
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- A Secret Clearance is required for this position
- Ability to develop and deliver a Sub-System Hazard Analysis (SSHA)
- Ability to Identify potential risk areas, develop plans / recommendations for risk mitigation
- Experience with missile systems and guided projectiles
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior leadership, and other engineering disciplines
- Ability to understand CONOPS for missile systems
- Ability to develop requirements in response to customer operational needs
- Exposure to the development, integration, test, qualification, and production of Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and Ground-to-Ground Missiles, Guided Projectiles and Glide Weapon Systems
Focused experience in Fuzing & Detonation on precision guided munitions
Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
Master's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.