Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Nashua, NH 03061
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working as a cybersecurity professional supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security.
- Interprets and applies U.S. Government information and cyber security requirements.
- Monitor cybersecurity compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, tests and reviews of information systems to ensure that workstations/servers are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed
- Develop corrective solutions and maintain associated documentation (to include required reports) as appropriate Coordinate with program/project stakeholders, IA staff, the Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSOs) and other Security and IT team members to define, implement and maintain an acceptable information systems security posture Preparation and maintenance of security
- Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., IA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), SSP, MSSP, RAR, SCTM)
- Maintain day-to-day security posture and continuous monitoring of IS including security event log review and analysis.
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management, and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
- Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, determines controls applicable to the application, and document implementation in Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM).
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Analyze, evaluate, develop, and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule
- Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories, and concepts
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.