Information Technology - Drafter 3 Drafter 3
Dulles, VA 20166
The Mechanical Designer will work with other designers and engineers on Spacecraft Structures, Subsystems, Mechanisms, MGSE, or Proposals across the three business areas to develop and enhance critical technical capabilities that drive our businesses. Skills include, but not limited to, Computer Aided Design (CAD), knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Drawings, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Work on all Spacecraft Structures, Payload, and Antenna mechanical hardware from requirements all the way through integration and test.
- Perform detailed design tasks using CreoParametric 4.0 Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool to develop and document designs for manufacturing and ultimately assembly into spacecraft.
- Produce Mechanical drawings using industry standard GD&T processes.
- Interface with Mechanical design and engineering team to produce efficient and manufacturable spacecraft parts and assemblies.
- Mechanical Designer: Received an associate degree from an accredited college/university and an equivalent of 6 years of applicable experience.
- Ability to perform mechanical tasks associated with design and manufacturing of structures.
- Experience with CAD design using Creo Parametric 4.0.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards and preparation of manufacturing documentation.
- Experience with 3D Printing, Design for Manufacturing, and hands-on hardware fabrication is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.