Lead Electrical Engineer (Hybrid)
Cranbury, NJ 08512 US
- Prepare electrical schematics, single lines, calculations, and specifications for the design of electrical distribution systems for Power Plants and Substations.
- Supervise and Coordinate Electrical Engineers and Designers in day to day tasks to support project needs.
- Review and support the preparation of physical substation design, sections and details, grounding, lightning protection, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC/DC power systems, and associated bills of material is required.
- Develop protection and control designs including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring and relay panel wiring as required.
- Prepare calculations for studies and reports (grounding, lighting protection, AC/DC load studies, etc.)
- Prepare equipment specifications for procurement
- Provide short term field support during construction
- 4 to 8 years of pertinent experience in Engineering and Design for Substations and/or Power Plants.
- Bachelor of Science/Master's degree in electrical engineering, majoring in Power Distribution/Power Systems, from a recognized institution.
- Aspiration to achieve Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification and the subsequent Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Proficiency in National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE/ANSI Standards.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal capabilities.
- A collaborative team player with exemplary written & verbal communication skills.
- Robust management capabilities and an enthusiasm for professional growth.
- Ability to tackle challenging problems by modifying standard approaches, techniques, and criteria.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Annual Compensation ranging from $85,000 to $135,000 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
- Flexible and Hybrid Work Arrangements.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance.
- Matching 401k
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.