Legal Secretary (On-site)
Albany, NY 12204 US
We are currently seeking a qualified Legal Secretary to join our client's team. This position is dedicated to supporting the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC), which is responsible for the professional discipline of physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants.
- Investigate complaints and develop an investigative plan for cases involving violations of State Education Law 6530.
- Conduct in-person and telephone interviews with complainants and physicians.
- Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with NYS PHL Section 230.
- Obtain and review confidential data necessary to locate subjects of investigation.
- Review and summarize all previous OPMC investigations of the subject physician.
- Document all investigative actions using the established OPMC protocol.
- Maintain the OPMC database iTrak to reflect all completed investigative actions.
- Prepare investigative summaries of all actions, including recommendations for disposition of cases, as appropriate.
- Prepare and present cases before the Investigation Committee of the Board for Professional Medical Conduct when evidence of misconduct is identified.
- Respond to telephone calls from licensees and complainants with questions regarding cases.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous investigative experience.
- Knowledge of current investigative techniques and procedures.
- Computer skills, including basic word processing and database applications.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with the professional medical conduct process.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
Riverview Innovation Center, 150 Broadway, Suite 355, Albany, New York, 12204
Duration: approximately 2 years
Apply by deadline: 12/7/2023
Shift Days/Times: M-F 9AM-5PM
Pay Range: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour (Depending on experience and qualifications)
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.