Mechanical Engineer II
Remote, MI US
HEPCO is seeking a talented and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our clients Engineering Production Support (EPS) team. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in analyzing and resolving design and fabrication issues related to mechanical subsystems, assemblies, and components. You will serve as the interface between manufacturing, design, and production engineering, ensuring compliance with engineering standards, specifications, and product requirements. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in manufacturing and problem-solving.
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and test results to ensure technical designs meet engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Collaborate with production support to create Problem Reports, identifying engineering-related issues in production items and working with the Integrated Program Team (IPT) to develop effective solutions.
- Manage the Variance control process for production-related variations from the technical data package (TDP), including obtaining internal and customer approval for subject variances.
- Develop timely and efficient solutions to problems, coordinating fixes through variances, standard and non-standard repairs, and configuration notes.
- Assist in special projects and process improvement teams to enhance work effectiveness and foster strong relationships between Design and Production.
- Provide recommendations for design enhancements to the design engineering group for the system, subsystem, or component design.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives, policies, and rules.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deliverable deadlines.
- Proficiency in current computer applications and technologies relevant to engineering disciplines.
- Ability to create and maintain large Excel spreadsheets.
- Problem-solving skills to address basic technical design and development issues.
- Effective relationship-building abilities to collaborate with customers and resolve technical problems.
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Entry-level knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in a relevant technical field.
- Experience using 3D CAD software such as PTC Creo (Pro/Engineer, ProductView).
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.