Nashua, NH 03064
HEPCO, Inc., is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team, as a contractor, of one of our most important defense clients in Nashua, NH.
Responsible for the Mechanical design, integration, manufacturing and testing of hardware and subsystems for Electronic Warfare products. Product technologies include complex digital electronics, RF circuits, analog circuits, mechanical chassis, and packaging, cabling and backplanes, and environmental testing.
- Familiar with design process including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, assembly, engineering test, debug, integration, and support of product qualification.
- Possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- Ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS).
- Work with small design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Able to work within a broader program team and or supplier(s) and be able to communicate across functional boundaries to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers to resolve technical problems and implement solutions.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university or its equivalent and a minimum of fifteen (10) years of work experience; or a Master's Degree with thirteen (8) years of experience.
- Able to collaborate with Electrical, Systems Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Quality, and PMO to develop a product.
- Have a technical background in Mechanical Engineering and had prior practical design experience on development programs.
- Working knowledge of technical risk management.
- Developing and making presentations that communicate and influence.
- Facilitate team building, collaboration, and coordination.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.