Mechanical Engineer-Production Support
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Researches, plans, analyzes, designs, and develops mechanical products such as ammunition handling systems, structures, gun systems, missile launchers, mechanisms, and other devices.
- Performs technical analysis, testing, and evaluation of moderately complex engineering problems using specialized equipment and computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documents, models, and test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Present weekly Change Notices to Material Review Board (MRB) including end item mechanical & electrical component selection.
- Function as Technical point of contact (POC) on government contracts for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) & Notice of Revisions.
- Provide Production support from shop floor development through full scale production, and processed MRB (Company, CAs, etc.).
- Collaborate with Suppliers, Procurement, Quality, Operations, and Electricians on design & manufacturing issues Performs complex engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Solves moderately complex engineering problems which have not been clearly defined and may not have similar precedents available.
- Applies wide range of engineering design and analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a complex portion of a technical project.
- Education Requirements: B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline (typically mechanical or aerospace engineering) plus 4 years relevant experience.
- Must have working knowledge of creating moderately complex solid models and mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferable PTC Pro-E or CREO.
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance up to Secret Level.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.