Mechanical Project Engineer II
New York, NY 10004
Work at the most complex mass transportation system in the world and be a key contributor as a mechanical project engineer.
- Provide construction support for C&D Infrastructure capital projects.
- Assisting with field inspections to evaluate the work performed and materials used; verifying quality of workmanship, quality of materials used, and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates and applicable codes and regulations; assist in evaluating change order proposals, document deficiencies and deviations from plans, reviewing contractor submittals and preparing comprehensive daily reports.
- Review construction documents and advise the Construction Manager of potential issues.
- Coordinate/document the work and progress of construction project.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a mechanical engineering or other elated engineering degree or four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and 5 years' experience.
- Two or more years' experience in project management commensurate with level of education with one year having served in a supervisory capacity or one year as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project.
- Knowledge of capital construction procedures including flagging and General Orders. field safety and sate work planning.
- Prior knowledge of boiler operations, installation or maintenance preferred.
- specifications. Experience in reading, reviewing and interpreting Contract drawings and
- Familiarity, with construction management procedures
- Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving decision-making skills.
- Must have 30-Hour OSHIA Certification (Construction) or willing to obtain at own expense.
- Must provide safety shoes at no cost to the company.
Normal Work Week:
Monday through Friday (nights/weekend based on project need) 8 :00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Based out of 300 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY office but requires a 40% travel to various field locations within the 5 Boroughs.
- Commuter Benefits plan
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.