Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 US
- Responsible for architecting, designing, developing and verifying software for real-time embedded GPS receivers for military airborne, ground and weapons applications.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team effort to develop our Modernized GPS receiver products.
- As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation.
- Experience working with software engineering processes
- Software requirements and architectural skills with functional decomposition, subsystem interface definition, technology application, and analysis
- Experience with real-time embedded hardware systems
- Experience with Eclipse, Jira, and DOORS Experience with Ada, C, C++, Java or other high-order languages in real-time embedded applications
- Have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
- Desire to contribute to a results-oriented product development team
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded applications
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline, and 3 plus years of direct related experience
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.