Austin, TX 78725
- Maintains smooth operation of a variety of networks.
- Plans, evaluates, designs, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Everyday O&M/ticket work.
- Assist with the planning/build-out.
- Assist with LAN and WLAN refresh projects.
- Candidate must have some knowledge of Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI). Must know how to perform Cisco CLI tasks such as configuring, troubleshooting, and IOS upgrades.
- Understanding of standard IT environment and infrastructure, including Cisco switches and Wireless Client as well as the physical infrastructure cabling.
- Good communication skills are required as candidate will be working directly with end users and other team members.
- Good organizational skills required as candidate will be required to work multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Good work ethics, able to stay focused on business objectives but work independently are remote site.
- Use of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word required.
- Basic understanding of Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) network environment with experience using Cisco Client
- Understanding of Cisco Wireless environment.
- Understanding of ServiceNow Ticket System.
- Knowledge of Cisco PRIME network management tool to support configuration management for wired and wireless networks.
- Knowledge of scripting tools (RegEx, Python, PHP, etc) is a plus.
- Understanding of Wireshark network packet analysis.
- BICSI certification and knowledge of standard electrical codes a plus.
- Candidate will be involved with installing new communication infrastructure and support different facilities projects.
- 8+ Years with HS, 4+ Years with AA, 2+ Years with BS, 0+ Years with MS
- Cisco certifications CCNA/CCNP
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.