Operations Leader (On-site)
Fort Wayne, IN 46818 US
Are you a dynamic and motivated leader with a strong background in manufacturing and operations? We are currently assisting a valued client in filling the position of Operations Leader. As an Operations Leader, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth execution of day-to-day operations, leading a manufacturing hourly workforce, and driving the team towards excellence. If you have the skills and experience to lead, mentor, and take pride in being a "People Manager," we want to hear from you.
- Lead the manufacturing hourly workforce and provide guidance as the first level of elevation for the team.
- Take 100% responsibility for product flow to meet and exceed internal and external customer needs.
- Mentor, coach, and challenge the team to maximize their potential for individual and collective success.
- Ensure that all employees work safely and adhere to work instructions.
- Foster communication and provide shift hand-offs with other Operations Leaders, Program Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Interface with appropriate organizations within Operations to ensure effective communication and resolution of tasks.
- Perform other related duties as required to support the operational success.
- Proficiency in utilizing computer skills to prepare reports and documents.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise discretion.
- Analytical skills to develop and implement manufacturing plans.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teams and adapt to a team-based manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience in production, manufacturing, or operations.
- Experience in managing high-reliability electronic manufacturing teams is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Familiarity with Oracle, Autotime, Power BI tools is a plus.
- Six-Sigma Certificate (Green or Black Belt) or Lean Manufacturing Certificate is a strong advantage.
- Associate degree or equivalent and at least 4 years of related experience; or a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate business or technical field and four (4) years of related experience.
- Health Insurance
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.