Piscataway, NJ 08854 US
HEPCO is seeking an Manufacturing Operations Manager, for a direct-hire role in Piscataway, NJ.
An Operations Manager handles all aspects of the operations of a manufacturing plant. This includes hiring, training and motivating staff. Develop and prepare manufacturing budgets and ensure operations are conducted according to financial budget guidelines. Ensures the manufacturing of products is produced efficiently , safely and meets the organization's quality standards. Developing and enforcing policies and procedures for production methods.
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceed.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
- Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
- Develop and execute the yearly manufacturing, plan to deliver the business objectives (production volume, manufacturing controlled cost, quality, safety). ,
- Establish and maintain a standard of performance for the operation.
- Ensure the alignment of the manufacturing organization with the company vision, purpose and priorities.
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
- Conduct Performance appraisal for direct reports & ensure it is done for the rest of the production area.
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
- Manage the manufacturing operation consistent with the company operating guidelines.
- Establish individual accountability using coaching and support and performance management process.
- Assess manufacturing operations staffing and skill requirements.
- Institutionalize manufacturing Best Practice Tools and Processes.
- Establish manufacturing priorities and allocate the resources.
- Ensure compliance with environmental policies, systems and processes.
- Ensure effective management of performance in the department to meet business needs.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and coordinates the manufacturing activities of the organization including physical and human resources.
- Must have knowledge and experience with the Leadership, Management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience within a manufacturing environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.