New Brunswick, NJ 08901 US
Work at one of the top utility companies in the nation and be a key contributor as an outreach professional.
- Recruit contractors/engineering firms/consultants/distributors as trade allies within the Commercial & Industrial Programs.
- Foster relationships with trade allies to maximize the number and size of their submitted projects.
- Keep our client's Business Customer Solutions (BCS) Representatives informed on projects with BCS customers.
- Oversee projects submitted by their customers/trade allies.
- Work with an assigned Project Coordinator to help gather required information/documentation to close out a project.
- Place outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets.
- Manage field time effectively with customer or Trade our financial client visits.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion.
- Work with building owners, property managers and / or facility engineers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program's strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required.
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems.
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required.
- Build quick rapport with customers or trade allies. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility.
- Ability to decipher technical jargon and effectively communicate those terms to individuals of varying skill levels.
- Ability to handle a high volume of clients and suppliers.
- Ability to transition quickly between tasks.
- Solid problem-solving capabilities.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, occasional overnight.
- B.A. or B.S. in Business or Technical field or 5+ years' experience in sales, account management, or similar
- 1+ years' experience working with energy efficiency or energy efficient products with a utility, government, non-profit or public agency.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.