Buffalo, NY 14202 US
We are seeking a skilled Paralegal to support our client’s legal team.
- Contacts parties to see if willing for conciliation.
- Directs mail once an investigation is started.
- Confirms Complainant and Respondent information.
- Tailors requests and logs supplemental information from Complainants and Respondents.
- Processes case-related mail/document gathering and other general office tasks (i.e. typing, scanning, photocopying, faxing, filing, answering telephones, stamps outgoing mail, and distributes incoming mail and greeting incoming complainants).
- Verifies, tabs, and enters information into case files.
- Receives and collates mailed documentation.
- Prepares evidence to be placed into files.
- Intake: Responds to walk-in, telephone, and/or written inquiries.
- Screening: Conducts introductory interrogations to ascertain whether an individual has the jurisdictional basis to file a complaint.
- Experience working in a law firm or a government agency or office setting.
- Experience reviewing legal or financial documents.
- Experience creating letters, notices and other documents.
- Experience proof-reading.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized, professional and focused.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in March 2021, Joyce has four years of experience in IT, engineering, healthcare, manufacturing and life sciences recruiting. Joyce’s favorite part about her job is helping people land their dream jobs and hearing about their first day on the job. Joyce dreams about living by the ocean and meeting new people through her travels.