Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist
York, PA 17408 US
HEPCO is seeking a highly skilled Portable Metrology Engineering Technologist to join our clients team. In this role, the Engineering Technologist will work under the direction of the Quality Manager, conducting laser inspection and dimensional report generation primarily for fixtures and combat vehicle structures in support of various military programs.
- Conduct laser inspections of new design installations for integration into manufacturing
- Generate detailed reports of data for Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality
- Perform inspection tasks for new designs and design changes with laser data
- Interface with Design Engineering, Program Management, Quality, and Manufacturing to address product issues
- Create and deliver quality inspection plans and reports that provide data to Manufacturing and customers
- Review laser data and develop preventative action plans
- Retrieve quality data and communicate results and statuses to internal and external customers
- Develop corrective action plans as necessary
- Comprehensive understanding and the ability to apply quality assurance principles, theories, and concepts in the field
- Skilled in providing consistent, technical solutions to a wide range of problems and issues
- Ability to seek out and present alternative, imaginative solutions to more challenging problems
- Basic understanding of GD&T to complete inspections
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work first shift 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Experience working with FARO Edge ARMS and Laser Tracking machines strongly preferred, however, candidates familiar with these instruments and/or have experience working with similar tools will be considered
- Experience working with software that interfaces with portable metrology equipment
- Strong preference with working knowledge of Polyworks, but will also consider experience with other software packages
- Experience working in a DOD manufacturing environment
- Experience using Polyworks or related inspection software
- Basic understanding of GD&T
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree and 2 years of working experience
- High School or the equivalent and 8 years of working experience
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.