New York, NY 10004
HEPCO has a contract position to work at one of our elite clients in NYC.
Administrative and technical management of the MTA's Major Construction Review Unit (MCRU).
Description of Work:
- Manages and administers the MTA's MCRU, an external review panel which reviews significant MTA capital projects.
- Schedules and manages each review panel.
- Reviews draft reports and answers technical questions.
- Provides interface between project staff and MCRU panelists.
- Recruits additional panelists as needed.
- Deliverables are final reports from each review panel.
- Accountable for the quality of work and staff supplied to one or more program areas in engineering for scope development, engineering design, construction support and field inspection for MTA C&D's MCRU.
- Other duties as needed.
- Fifteen (15) years of related practical experience in the engineering field, five years of which must have been in design or project management.
- Knowledge of engineering guidelines, specifications and standards of performance.
- Experience coordinating with other agencies and external stakeholders.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to properly represent MTA C&D and to present various technical options and solutions.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally with the principal officers of government agencies, consultants, contractors as well as with sub-contractors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Applications including SharePoint, Word, Excel.
- Must possess driver's license valid in the state of New York.
- Consultant shall provide safety shoes, at no cost to C&D.
Valid NYS Professional Engineer's License
Education Qualifications Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field is required.
Normal Work Schedule and Location:
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Based out of 2Broadway, NY 10004 office but requires 20% field travel.Technical or Administrative functions: 50% Administrative/50% Technical
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.