Principal Program Planner
Nashua, NH 03064
HEPCO, Inc., is looking for a Principal Program Planner, to join the team, as a contractor, for one of our most important defense clients.
* Prepares, develops and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives.
* Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company * functional groups including but not limited to finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
* Monitors program schedule performance, tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
* Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
* Updates and prepares reports for customers.
* Demonstrated ability to Lead/facilitate the planning, development and maintenance of the IMP and Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Communicate schedule guidelines/techniques to program team for IMP/IMS development
* Ensure that all schedules are fully compliant with internal policies, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
* Develop and conduct critical and driving path analyses on the baseline schedule in compliance with, internal, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR).
* Identify trends using common schedule Metrics (DCMA 14pt, BEI, EVAS data driven metrics, etc.), suggest corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation.
* Possess a thorough understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
* Resource load budgets into schedules to support EVMS measurement and reporting.
* Perform Schedule Assessments and Analyses on the baseline IMS to identify schedule risks and opportunities.
* Review, recommend and implement, as appropriate, schedule work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner. * Routinely assist program management by monitoring SPI/CPI and BEI performance and preparing schedule status reports for customer and/or business management reviews
* Perform and analyze schedule risk assessments (SRA) as required
* Train and assist program and proposal teams in preparation for planning sessions and is instrumental in the generation of the program or proposal schedule
* Participate in sector and company functional activities including training, surveillance, tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence diverse work teams
* Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast paced environment
* Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
* Proficient in MS Project or other Planning SW, MS Excel, and MS Office applications
* Experience with Deltek Cobra, Barbecana Schedule Risk SW and Milestones Professional.
* Understanding and knowledge with regards to industry Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG)
* Risk management experience
* Strong project team experience / PMI PMP or PMI-SP certification
* Secret Clearance with ability to achieve TS/SCI
* Familiarity with Critical Chain project management, project scheduling best practices in Agile environments, and other advanced scheduling techniques
* Strong background in developing and maintaining comprehensive, well-constructed and compliant program schedules in a DoD EV environment.
* Demonstrated capability in successfully working on project teams with multiple stakeholders (PM, Eng Lead, CAMs).
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent experience, and at least six (6) years of planning/scheduling experience; or a Master's Degree and four (4) years of related experience.