Principal Reliability Engineer (On-site)
Sterling Heights, MI 48312 US
We are actively seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Reliability Engineer to fulfill a role for one of our esteemed clients. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the robustness and high reliability of complex systems/vehicles through the development of mathematical analysis, technical inputs, and reliability prediction models.
- Develop reliability mathematical analysis and technical inputs to system design to ensure a robust, high reliability design for maximizing availability and sustainment to minimize the logistics footprint.
- Develop reliability prediction and assessment models.
- Perform Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis for early design, tracking mitigation or elimination of failure modes to assess improvements, and updating analysis based on test results.
- Prepare reliability mathematical models and/or reliability block diagrams.
- Manage Test Incident Reports (TIRs) and Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data. Interface with the design team to address potential failure mode mitigation/elimination to at least the subsystem level.
- Understand the impact of software on system reliability.
- Provide assistance in planning Reliability Enhancement Testing (RET) and reliability demonstration testing. Track and monitor system-level reliability parameters.
- Expert level of knowledge in reliability with a focus on DFMEA, reliability allocations, and reliability predictions on complex systems/vehicles.
- Expert level of experience reviewing requirements for reliability impact on a system.
- Expert level of experience reviewing and evaluating electrical circuit diagrams and mechanical engineering drawings.
- Expert level of experience analyzing system and subsystem designs for reliability deficiencies and recommending potential corrective action.
- Expert level of experience developing strategies, testing, and analysis methods for complex problems.
- Expert level of experience conducting reliability analyses, including reliability modeling, predictions, allocations, failure analysis, etc.
- BS degree in Engineering/Science with a minimum of 11 years as a Reliability Engineer.
- Health Insurance
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.