Principal Software Engineer
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Creates, plans, and performs a variety of software analysis, architecture, design, development, code, documentation, integration, test, and product assurance tasks.
- Contributes to the development of engineering design models and develops programs to enhance, implement and support project/system functionality for the assigned technical effort.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- C++ programming
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Experience with version control and issue tracking tools
- Real-time embedded software development experience
- Object Oriented software design experience
- UML or SysML modeling
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines
- Ability to solve complex technical design and development problems
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and collaborate to solve technical problems
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (SECRET)
- A minimum of 8 to 12 years of related professional experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM field.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.