Principal Software Engineer
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Creates, plans, and performs a variety of software analysis, architecture, design, development, code, documentation, integration, test and product assurance tasks.
- Contributes to the development of engineering design models and develops programs to enhance, implement and support project/system functionality for the assigned technical effort.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- C++ programming
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Experience with version control and issue tracking tools
- Real-time embedded software development experience
- Object Oriented software design experience
- UML modeling, experience with a UML modeling tool
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and collaborate to solve technical problems
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (SECRET)
- A minimum of 6 to 10 years of related professional experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM field
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.