Process Chemical Engineer
Radford, VA 24141 US
- Responsible for lifecycle of a chemical plant project including Scope of Work development, estimating, detailed design, construction field support, and commissioning.
- Estimate process equipment, instrumentation, and engineering hours for DCAA auditable pricing proposals.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances for new processes.
- Develop new and revise existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop new and revise existing Interlock Narratives.
- Identify / Calculate Process Data for new instrumentation and equipment.
- Participate in Hazard Analyses.
- Conduct various calculations for process design (i.e. relief, pump sizing, and heat transfer)
- Provide field support for construction phase of projects.
- Provide field support for I/O and interlock checkout.
- Troubleshoot process, instrumentation, and equipment problems.
- Provide field support for startup commissioning activities
- Experience in the Process Chemical Design 8+ years related experience, 5 years of experience in engineering design Process Flow Diagram Development Heat and Material Balance development Piping and Instrumentation Diagram development (P&ID) Pressure Relief Calculations
- Bachelor’s degree Chemical Engineer
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
A member of the HEPCO team since 1992, Tom has over 25 years of experience in IT, Engineering and Telecom recruiting. As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.