Process Chemical Engineer
Radford, VA 24141 US
- Responsible for lifecycle of a chemical plant project including Scope of Work development, estimating, detailed design, construction field support, and commissioning
- Estimate process equipment, instrumentation, and engineering hours for DCAA auditable pricing proposals.
- Be an active member of a project team and effectively communicate and interface with various engineering disciplines.
- Develop scope of work for capital projects.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances for new processes.
- Develop new and revise existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop new and revise existing Interlock Narratives.
- Identify / Calculate Process Data for new instrumentation and equipment.
- Participate in Hazard Analyses.
- Conduct various calculations for process design (i.e. relief, pump sizing, and heat transfer)
- Provide field support for construction phase of projects.
- Provide field support for I/O and interlock checkout.
- Troubleshoot process, instrumentation, and equipment problems.
- Provide field support for startup commissioning activities
- Walk down and redline as-built all process documents after project has been completed.
- Experience in the Process Chemical Design
- 8+ years related experience
- 5 years of experience in engineering design
- Process Flow Diagram development
- Heat and Material Balance development
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram development (P&ID)
- Pressure Relief Calculations
- Bachelor Degree Chemical Engineer
- Health Insurance
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.