Production Control Planner II
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
- Works under the general Guidance of the Prototype SR Planner and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured and/ or supplier provided parts through the Oracle Material requirements Planning (MRP) system to support manufacturing and integration of prototype hardware.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts.
- Reviews and analyzes inputs to include but not limited to Engineering Order Requests (EORs).
- Completes activities required to fulfill customer expectations to include creating part masters, creating/ manipulation BOM / order bills, developing/ initiating part acquisitions (make, buy. Transfer, GFM and control strategies as well as shipping of components.
- Assists process engineers, integration team and Hardware Project Manager to structure indented as planned BOMs to align with master scheduling and enable correct component due dates.
- Prevents anticipated shortages by utilizing shortage established planning report and shortage reports. (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions etc.)
- Knowledge of Blueprint reading, material requirements planning, processes and concepts.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Good planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in use of word processing, spreadsheet and database development programs such as Word, Excel, Business Objects and Access.
- Ability to make decisions using sound ethical judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Previous Experience in Material supply and shop floor manufacturing processes.
- 8+ Years relevant experience with High School Degree
- 4+ Years relevant experience with Associates Degree
- 2+ Years relevant experience with Bachelors Degree
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.