Newark, NJ 07101
Job Description: Principal Technology Product Consultant SAP
This position is a direct report to the Group Product Manager and has sound knowledge of business processes in the specific area of technology enablement. This position is responsible for managing one or more products to meet business outcomes, spanning multiple technologies including associated impact, cost and complexity. This position is specific to SAP ISU/Billing expertise needed for Clean Energy Future (CEF) Products such as Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicles, Energy Storage, and focuses on SAP ISU experience to implement On-bill repayment and billing. In that capacity, this position is responsible for the following:
Product Consultants are the primary facilitators for product. Product Consultants are responsible for optimizing the value proposition. They anticipate issues and/or complications, and respond well to time pressures.
Leads the effort to select IT Vendors to execute projects and manages on-boarding and collaborative working relationship with selected Vendors.
Serves as domain specific subject matter expert for their assigned product line.
Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing business needs.
Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT, including leading the introduction of best practice.
- Leading products teams to deliver business solutions:
- Manages and directs one or more product teams to meet business objectives
- Works with Clients to deliver business outcomes by executing projects through the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process (work is technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involves multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools including public and private cloud-related resources and storage).
- Develops reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets
- Ensures alignment with Clients on scope, value proposition and overall project goals throughout the SDLC. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support
- Manages product life-cycle based events
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet product objectives, primarily through coordinating the activities with other IT departments and Vendors (e.g., database, telecommunications, operations, technical support, etc.).
Designing and building solutions:
- Design and build system solutions
- Utilize domain specific knowledge to work with client management to: identify, specify and analyze business requirements and processes, and monitors progress throughout the design, testing and implementation process.
- Applies Agile concepts, practices, and procedures
Responsible for vendor solutions i.e. end to end accountability:
- Ensures quality through the use of company-approved methodologies.
- Leads the effort to select IT Vendors to execute projects and manages on-boarding and collaborative working relationship with selected Vendors.
- Ensures required change management activities to drive solution adoption take place as necessary.
- Ensures quality through the use of *** IT company-approved methodologies such as 2 Pizza Team, agile, etc. Applies applicable concepts, practices, and procedures
In addition to the requirements listed below, this position requires:
- Experience working in SAP ISU and SAP CRM is a must
- Experience with SAP ISU Billing, billprint, credit and collections is must. Must be familiar with On-bill repayment (OBR) processes
- At least 4+ year's previous experience as a developer in a complex environment on SAP ISU platform
- Experience to all aspects of an SAP environment SAP ISU, SAP CRM, ECC, XI.
- Experience with programming Function Modules, SmartForms, Object-Oriented ABAP, BOR, User Exits, Enhancements, Reports and Dialog Programming.
- Knowledge of SAP interfacing technologies (ALE/IDoc, EDI, BAPIs, flat-file interfaces).
- Knowledge of modern enhancement techniques using BAdI and/or the Enhancement Framework.
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing SAP Workflows.
- Knowledge of SAP ASAP methodology
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine the root cause of various SAP related issues and experience with Performance optimization tools
- Direct experience with Agile (Scrum) project methodologies and practices.
- Experience designing and developing software components specifically with SAP platform is required.
- Familiarity with SAP best practices, support mechanisms, procedures and limitations is required.
- Proven ability to learn new products, develop technical knowledge and apply new skills in a high paced environment.
- Basic Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills, Knowledge):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities through projects or other work planning experiences
- Understanding of and experience in IT project management methodologies, requirements management, quality assurance and IT processes.
- Requires broad knowledge of the business area's functions and applications, and of system and technology alternatives.
- Demonstrated experience managing outsourced vendors (on and off shore) within the information technology field.
- Required Competencies:
- Ability to manage projects from inception to successful implementation,
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Good facilitation skills,
- Strong judgment and management skills,
- Strong analytical ability,
- Leadership, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
- Good understanding of technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
- Knowledgeable about techniques to effectively elicit requirements from end-users, individually or as a group (e.g. JAD sessions, prototyping, etc.)
- Ability to define performance and scalability attributes, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Working knowledge of specific technology area including business process configuration and execution for assigned domains.
- Technical/software certification such as AWS certification, etc.
- Relevant technical acumen or experience in computer programming, development or coding
- Understanding of basic financial principles including experience with project financial budgeting and planning
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Graduate degree or MBA
- Experience with CMMI