Senior Applications Developer
Charlotte, NC 28277
Job Description: The Human Capital Management Cloud Project is looking for a developer resource to help with the Data Conversion workstream. The goal is to convert all data in iLearn over to HCM Cloud.
1) The developer will be responsible for extracting and transforming data from an on-prem SQL Server database that contains a dump of the current iLearn system.
2) The end product will be a set of comma delineated text files in Oracle "HCM Data Loader" format. This should be roughly ~30-40 files depending on the state of the iLearn data. Developer will need to create extraction/transformation programs based upon documented business rules.
3) The iLearn functional team is responsible for functional "data mapping and transformation rules", and the developer will need to work with them to clarify any questions or troubleshoot any problem areas/kickouts during import.
4) The data model is published, and the developer will have some assistance from current iLearn technical SMEs familiar with the model.
5) There are multiple methods to do queries to text files. The project is agnostic about the tool being used, as long as the end product complies with Oracle HDL format. In other areas of the project we are using PeopleSoft App Engine and Alteryx to perform this work, but we are willing to evaluate whatever tool the developer prefers.
Required Skills and Education: Agile, SDLC, Microsoft SQL, Server SQL, PL/SQL, ETL Scripting
Experience prefered: Oracle OTBI, Oracle Bi publisher, Oracle Cloud HCM experience a plus. Expertise in Oracle HCM work structures, modules and processes, OTBI tools and/or security administration.
Analytical and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience: Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.