Senior Control Systems Engineer (On-site), US Citizen only.
Parsippany, NJ 07054 US
Chart the Course of Modern Aerospace: Be the Senior Control Systems Engineer Shaping Tomorrow's Flight Technologies!
The Senior Control Systems Engineer is responsible for systems engineering work products such as systems engineering management plan, system architecture, requirement management, control system analysis and simulation models, and documents. The work products will be produced and maintained in a reasonable time frame in accordance to budgeted hours and schedule. The engineer shall promptly alert management (program manager) in the event the engineer predicts a budget or schedule over-run. Continuous team improvement to increase work efficiency and work product accuracy is required by the engineer including mentoring and training of others. The engineer shall enlist the help of other disciplines and departments when necessary, such as program management, production, supply chain, quality and finance.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze and perform control system simulations and modeling in MATLAB.
- Perform and complete SDRLs and other documents regarding System modeling, Plans, and other related systems engineering deliverables.
- Requirements management utilizing IBM DOORS
- Ensure accuracy of engineering SDRLs by review and commenting.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Manager / Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable.
- Manage all duties according to company and industry standards.
- The Systems Engineer may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering is required
- 3+ years experience with Matlab Simulink modeling and simulation.
- Actuation and/or flight controls systems modeling & simulation experience
- 5+ years' experience in mechanical, electrical, software or applicable systems engineering
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Brushless DC motor experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in electromechanical systems design is preferred.
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.