Senior Firmware Engineer (On-site), US Citizen only.
Parsippany, NJ 07054 US
Powering the Future of Flight: Dive Deep into Firmware Excellence as our client's Senior Firmware Engineer in Power & Actuation Systems!
The Senior Firmware Engineer position is responsible for the development and testing of mission critical firmware in our Power & Actuation Systems (Client) group. This individual will be part of a development team creating embedded firmware for the manipulation and control of flight actuation systems. Activities for this role include requirements gathering and definition, firmware development, code management, code review, firmware testing, release documentation and system validation. This individual will play a key role on high priority programs and have significant interactions with system engineers and test engineers.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Development experience in VHDL
- Experience developing firmware using a formal Firmware Development Life Cycle process
- Experience developing firmware tests and performing firmware verification
- 5+ years of experience developing firmware
- Experience debugging embedded systems (JTAG, emulators)
- Experience with test equipment such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Ability to work closely with a team of engineers and technicians and comfortable in laboratory environment
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Familiarity with one of the FPGA vendors (Client, Lattice, Xilinx and Microchip)
- Experience with other programming languages Verilog HDL/C
- Experience with RTCA DO-254 complex hardware certification process
- Experience in code coverage, static timing and power analysis
- Ability to read and follow electronic schematics
- This job interacts in a professional office environment, engineering lab, and manufacturing environments. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, hand tools, test equipment, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing, ESD and foot protection (as required).
- Overtime and weekend work could be required, if job duties demand.
- Minimal travel expected for this position (<10%).
- Health Insurance
- Sick Time
By clicking apply, you are opting in to receiving text/SMS communication with one of our recruiters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.