Senior Human Resources Operations Analyst
Reston, VA 20190
- The human resource information system (HRIS) analyst is a position within the HRIS structure. The primary focus of this position is the configuration and maintenance of the human resource management system (HRMS). The individual is a subject matter expert in PeopleSoft HR and/or Oracle Cloud HCM. The individual will perform system configuration, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS analyst also supports HRMS releases, patches, testing and other projects as assigned.
- System Configuration: Perform system configuration to support the delivery of new functionality or enhancement requirements across multiple system components.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS releases. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRMS tables. Document process and results.
- Security Administration: Perform security administration tasks and assist in internal and external audits.
- Production Support: Provide support for HRMS, including researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Projects/Process Improvement: Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll). May manage HR O&M activities e.g. year-end personal holiday, performance and development review process.
- Reports/Queries: Write, maintain and support a variety of payroll and HR reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data consistency in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- HRIS Procedures and Documentation: Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. May train and provide guidance to HRRC on new, changed processes/functionality.
- Individual Development: Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Use knowledge to recommend and/or implement continuous improvement initiatives. Participate in user group meetings/conferences. Expertise in PeopleSoft and/or Oracle HCM experience preferred.
- PeopleSoft and/or Oracle HCM experience preferred.
- PeopleSoft and/or Oracle Cloud HCM experience. Expertise in Oracle HCM work structures, modules and processes, OTBI tools and/or security administration.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years experience with BS 6+ years experience with AA 8+ years experience with HS Experience in the design and implementation of Oracle HCM preferred.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Oracle HCM preferred.