Senior Mechanical Engineer
Minneapolis, MN 55421 US
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our clients team. As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and coordinating the engineering aspects associated with the combat vehicle chassis and turret structures. Your role will involve the following:
- Designing and integrating mechanical interfaces onto the vehicle structure
- Providing Engineering Production Support (EPS) for transitioning new designs to production and resolving issues encountered in the build process
- Investigating root-cause analysis of design issues arising during production and developing associated change documentation to resolve design issues
- Working closely with a team of design engineers and other specialty engineers to resolve design issues that span such areas as structures, ballistics, mechanical, and logistics
- Preparing presentations and variance documentation in response to production issues to support vehicle sales
- Conducting Trade Studies or Tolerance Stack Analyses in design or investigation support
- Analyzing and interpreting design specifications, drawings, documents, models, and test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements
- Creating and editing CAD models in PTC Creo and ensuring systems are designed for producibility
- Designing and analyzing welded and bolted joints
- Conducting root cause and impact analysis when issues arise to determine the optimal solution given cost, schedule, and priority constraints while factoring in feedback from all key stakeholders
- Using finite element analysis tools and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to perform technical presentations
- Must be a self-starter that takes ownership of tasks and drives them to completion
- Good engineering analytical skills with experience doing root-cause-corrective-action
- Knowledge of finite element analysis tools and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance up to Secret Level
- You must have at least 4 years of work experience in a relevant work environment, with experience creating moderately complex solid models and mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferably PTC Pro-E or Creo or SolidWorks.
- You should have a B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline (typically mechanical or aerospace engineering) plus 4 years relevant experience, or a Masters degree and 2 years relevant experience.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Recruiting and IT Operations
Mr. Lee has over 25 years of experience in the service and retail industries with extensive backgrounds in management, sales, recruiting and training. He is currently a senior member of our recruiting staff serving multiple industries, with a specific focus on personnel with engineering backgrounds. He joined HEPCO in 1992.
As a recruiter he enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life and that every day is different. Outside of the office, Tom is an avid golfer and is skilled at repairing his golf clubs.