Senior Mechanical Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI 48312 US
HEPCO is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our clients team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and coordinating engineering aspects associated with combat vehicle chassis and turret structures. You will work closely with system integrated product team members (IPTs) to document and integrate mechanical interfaces onto the vehicle structure. Additionally, you will provide Engineering Production Support (EPS) for the transition of new designs to production and resolve any issues encountered in the build process.
- Design combat vehicle hull structures, structural interfaces, doors, hatches, access panels, lifting/towing/tie-down provisions, and intake/exhaust grilles
- Collaborate with design engineers and specialty engineers to resolve design issues across multiple areas
- Conduct root-cause analysis of design issues during production and develop change documentation for resolution
- Prepare presentations and variance documentation to support vehicle sales
- Perform Trade Studies or Tolerance Stack Analyses to support design and investigation
- Ensure technical designs comply with engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements
- Create and edit CAD models using PTC Creo
- Design and analyze welded and bolted joints
- Utilize finite element analysis tools and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical presentations
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude and a commitment to task completion
- Strong engineering analytical skills with experience in root-cause-corrective-action
- Proficiency in finite element analysis tools and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance up to Secret Level
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a relevant work environment
- Experience creating moderately complex solid models and mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferably PTC Pro-E or Creo or SolidWorks
- B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline (typically mechanical or aerospace engineering) plus 4 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Health Insurance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Your Recruiter
Joining HEPCO in July 2022, Shandi enjoys her role as a recruiter, where she can learn more about the candidate and develop a good rapport with them during the pre-screening period. During this process, she appreciates the chance to learn more about the particulars of various jobs her candidates are qualified for. In addition, Shandi enjoys cooking her favorite meals and trying out new recipes in her free time.